Tuesday, March 24, 2009




The rear body work was re-fitted to the car early this evening but I'm not happy with they way it aligns with the rear sub-frame (red). I'll have to make some more alterations to the way the rear sub-fame attaches to the rear suspension cage. It's the old "two steps forward, one step backwards" routine but we'll get this problem resolved. As soon as I'm happy with the way the tail fits, I'll install the doors to get the cowl, doors, rocker panels (outer sills) and tail all lined up and work the remaining high and low spots out of the aluminum skin. The nose will have to be refitted also. After that we can start getting the body ready for paint, which should be exiting.


I also finished carving up the motor mount brackets. The first photo of these, which I posted about a week ago, showed them already considerably pared down from original. They should weigh less than half of what they weighed originally. The left mount held several accessories, such as the AC compressor, on the Quattroporte donor car. I still need it to help anchor one device so I couldn't chop it up as much as I would have liked but it's way smaller and lighter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment