Wednesday, February 18, 2009

springs


I can tell you guys are really thrilled about insulation (which I'm still working on). The GAZ rear shocks with springs I ordered came in the other day with the UPS man, or at least I though they did. I ordered single adjustable shocks with adjustable ride height but when I opened the box I didn't see any threads on the shock bodies and knew right away I was in trouble. Called the supplier, straighted out the mistake (theirs), packed the shocks back up and waited for a call tag to arrive to ship them back. Of course the shocks I wanted they only had 2 of, so I have to wait about 2 weeks to get 4 correct rear GAZ shocks.

Today was better. The front Varishocks I ordered came in and, to my relief, were correct and so were the 250 lb springs. These shocks are have a single adjustment knob to adjust compression and rebound simultaneously. Twin adjusting knobs are available also but it's a street car. Single adjustable is good enough. Same with the urethane bushings. Spherical bearings are available but - it's a street car. I installed the springs on the shocks, along with a set of Energy Suspension bump stops, but installation on the car will have to wait a bit. I still need to do a preliminary suspension alignment before I put springs on the car. Right now ride height is perfectly maintained with the solid struts.

No comments:

Post a Comment